Graded Browser Support: Q4 Update
Approximately every three months we update the chart detailing which browsers receive A-grade support according to Graded Browser Support. In conjunction with yesterday's YUI update release, here is our browser support update for Q4 2006.
In summary: A-grade support begins for Firefox 2.0, and is reiterated for IE7. A-grade support is discontinued for IE 5.5 and Firefox 1.0. Seldom-used Gecko derivatives (e.g., Netscape and Mozilla Application Suite) now receive X-grade instead of A-grade support. Opera 9 now receives A-grade support on additional platforms.
In bullet form, here are all the changes in this update:
- Reiteration of A-grade support, IE 7, Win(XP)
- Termination of A-grade Support, IE5.5, Win
- Initiation of A-grade Support, Firefox 2.x, Win/Mac.
- Termination of A-grade Support, Firefox 1.0.x, Win/Mac.
- Expansion of A-grade support, Opera 9.x, Win/Mac
- Termination of A-grade support, Mozilla App Suite, Win/Mac
- Termination of A-grade support, Netscape, Win/Mac
Though you should always reference the official GBS chart hosted on the Yahoo! Developer Network, I've included a snapshot of this quarter's chart for posterity's sake:
|Win 98||Win 2000||Win XP||Mac 10.3.x||Mac 10.4|
Looking ahead to next quarter (2007Q1), we will reflect incremental releases of supported browsers but no major changes are anticipated.