Job Announcement: The YUI Team Is Hiring an Engineer To Work on Firebug
Toward that end, we're opening a search for a full-time developer to work with Joe on advancing the Firebug roadmap. This developer will be a member of the YUI team and a full-time Yahoo! employee. The job description follows. If you're interested in applying for this position, please send your résumé, including links to relevant projects/portfolio items, to yui-jobs /at/ yahoo /dash/ inc /dot/ com. (Principals only; no recruiters, please.)
To learn more about Firebug, visit the website and the project page on Google Code. You may also want to watch this video of Joe introducing the feature set of Firebug 1.0 (129 MB
.mp4; also available on Yahoo! Video in Flash). To learn more about the Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI), visit our website, download YUI, and check in on the YUI Forums.
YUI/Firebug Engineer: Job Description
- Position: Technical Yahoo!/Senior Front-End Engineer
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- You must have a strong command of client/server programming in HTTP environments, including a strong working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
- You must have a successful track record of creating and documenting APIs that enable modular, performant extensibility.
- You must have superior writing and public-speaking skills.
- You must have a strong attention to detail.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience required.
Preferable Job Qualifications:
- You should have 5+ years of frontend engineering experience building web-enabled functionality beyond the traditional web-page -- e.g., XUL applications, browser extensions, Greasemonkey widgets, etc.
- Experience contributing to Mozilla or other open-source projects is highly desired.
- Experience with C/C++ is highly desired.
If you're interested, please provide URLs and code samples of your work for review to yui-jobs /at/ yahoo /dash/ inc /dot/ com. (Principals only; no recruiters, please.)
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings worldwide, please visit http://careers.yahoo.com.