Applying Matt Galvin's "XP-style" Skin to YUI TabView
YUI community member Matt Galvin of Simplified Complexity has been working on some new skins for YUI. He's early in the process, but it's not too early to start taking advantage of his work — he's starting with an XP-style theme and he's applied it to the YUI Button Control and YUI TabView Control.
Here's how to apply his XP skin to YUI TabView:
- View the source of Matt Sweeney's "Build from Markup" TabView example; copy and paste that into a new file.
- In the same directory, place this new tabs.css file. It's comprised of TabView's "Core CSS" and Matt Galvin's XP presentation rules.
- In the example source, delete the reference to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.5.1/build/tabview/assets/skins/sam/tabview.css">; replace it with
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="tabs.css">, pointing at your new css file.
- In the example source, change the CSS class name on the <body> element from
- Grab the three custom images for the XP skin (1, 2, 3) and put them in the same directory.