YUI Theater — Douglas Crockford: "The State and Future of ECMAScript"
Where Brendan compared the recent ECMA journey to Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings (specifically, the fellowship of the ring), Douglas turns to Sidney Lumet's 12 Angry Men for his metaphor. If you're keeping track, Douglas is Gandalf in the first analogy and Peter Fonda in the second; Brendan is Frodo in the first and Juror #3 in the second.
If the video embed below doesn't show up correctly in your RSS reader of choice, be sure to click through to watch the high-resolution version of the video on YUI Theater; the downloadable version is much smaller, optimized as it is for iPods, iPhones, and other handheld devices.
- Download video (m4v)
- Download slides
- A high-resolution, transcripted version of this talk is available on the YUI Theater site
Other Recent YUI Theater Videos:
- Dav Glass: Contributing to YUI
- Luke Smith: Events Evolved
- Brad Neuberg: Introduction to HTML5
- Andreas Bovens and David Storey: 10 Essential Things You Should Know about Supporting Opera