YUI Theater — Scott Schiller: "Probably, Maybe, No: The State Of HTML5 Audio" (51 min.)
Flickr's Scott Schiller provides a history of audio in the browser and discusses the current state of native <audio>, including browser support, its spec, the ongoing format wars, and how you might implement audio in project work today.
Other Recent YUI Theater Videos:
- Jenny Donnelly: Introduction to Git — From the Yahoo! F2E Summit (our internal developer conference) earlier this year, YUI engineering manager Jenny Donnelly (@jennyd) gives an introduction to Git and how to use it in the real world, including branching and committing, a typical git workflow, merge vs rebase, and tips and tricks that will make your life easier.
- Dav Glass: — From the Yahoo! F2E Summit (our internal developer conference) earlier this year, YUI engineer Dav Glass (@davglass) explores how to use YUI on Node.js to build server-side projects, including scripts, crontabs, daemons, etc.
- Satyen Desai: 'A Phone, a Tablet and a Laptop Walk into a Bar...' — YUI's Approach to Mobile Web Development — Satyen Desai, creator of the YUI 3 component and widget subsystems, discusses YUI's approach to supporting the new set of web enabled devices on the market today, and how we'd like to think of them in terms of features and constraints as opposed to an isolated problem space.
- Luke Smith: YUI 3: Below the Surface — Luke Smith, a YUI team engineer, delivers one of the most highly rated talks at YUIConf 2010, looking inside some of the core patterns and infrastructure pieces that lie at the heart of YUI 3.
- Ryan Grove: Introducing YUI 3 AutoComplete — In this talk from YUIConf 2010, YUI 3 AutoComplete author Ryan Grove takes you on a whirlwind tour of some of the many autocomplete patterns made possible by this component and provides a deep dive into its powerful new YQL integration, filtering, and highlighting capabilities.