YUI Weekly for January 24, 2014
Another week has rolled by, which means another edition of YUI Weekly has made its way to your browser of choice. Let's find out what's happened this week in the world of YUI.
We finalized our sprint schedule this week. It's on the YUI Wiki but here are the important dates:
- Jan 28, 2014: Sprint Begins.
- Feb 11, 2014: Code Freeze Pull Request Deadline.
- Feb 14, 2014: Code Freeze.
- Feb 18, 2014: Commit Freeze Pull Request Deadline.
- Feb 21, 2014: Commit Freeze.
- Feb 25, 2014: Stable Release.
If you haven't seen the video, you're missing out because I live-coded a responsive layout from scratch using the new mobile-first grid system that we've been working on.
Here are some of the tools that we mentioned in the talk:
rework-pure-grids: A Rework plugin to create mobile-first responsive grids.
grunt-stripmq: A Grunt plugin that makes sure your mobile-first layouts still look great in old browsers that don't support media queries.
css-mediaquery: A media query parser, written in JS.
grunt-css-selectors: A Grunt plugin that lets you mutate CSS selectors within your CSS file. This is how YUI consumes Pure, but we’ve generalized it to work with any CSS input.
Stay tuned for more information as we finalize our story around responsive web design.
There were some more YUIConf videos out this week! Are you caught up yet?
- Tony Pipkin wrote a nice article on Datatable and Paginator developments so make sure to check that out if you are interested in those widgets.
Catch y'all next week!