YUI Weekly for January 31, 2014
Welcome to YUI Weekly, the weekly roundup of news and announcements from the YUI team and community.
Work has started on Sprint 12, which will culminate in a YUI Release on February 25th. That's only three short weeks away!
In this week's Open Roundtable, Alberto and Clarence introduced us to Modown. We talked about design goals, how to incorporate Modown into a project, and discussed a few of the components in greater detail. If you're interested in NodeJS and build Express applications, you should check out the video on Youtube. Modown consists of components that are useful in small and large apps.
YUI in the news
Our CI guru, Reid Burke wrote a comprehensive post over at Yahoo's Engineering Tumblr this week. He discussed the issues around gathering code coverage metrics for executable scripts in NodeJS. To address this problem, he released an npm package called
mock-utf8-stream, which makes it easy to run tests on streams. All in a week's work!
The following YUIConf were released this week:
- Introducing the ‘Modown’ Project by Caridy Patiño
- YUI + Closure Templates = Enterprise JSP Tags by Manuel Jasso and Nathan Comstock
- Julien Lecomte on Mojito and Yahoo Search
- Nightwatch.js is an easy to use Node.js based End-to-End (E2E) testing solution for browser based apps and websites. It received a lot of upvotes on Hacker News this week.
- We use Trello pretty heavily within the YUI Team, so I was surprised to find that Trello has quite a comprehensive REST API. Something to play around with!
That's all for this week. Until next week, folks!