YUI Weekly for March 7th, 2014
Welcome to YUI Weekly, the weekly roundup of news and announcements from the YUI team and community.
The Pure team released the Grunt and Rework tools that they have been working on over the last quarter. These tools make writing CSS more enjoyable, and are not just restricted to Pure. If you write CSS, you may find these tools handy.
You can check them out on Pure's new Tools page. The new tools are:
- grunt-pure-grids: Generate custom mobile-first responsive grids
- grunt-stripmq: IE fallback for mobile-first CSS
- grunt-css-selectors: Mutate CSS selectors
Stay tuned for more from Pure next week!
YUI Open Roundtable
- You've surely heard of Atom by now, right? I'm personally still a big Sublime Text fan but folks really seem to be liking Atom's plugin infrastructure.
- Luke Hoban has a great overview of all ES6 features over at this GitHub repo.
- The Yeoman folks wrote a nice blog post detailing how you can use Grunt and Gulp tasks to optimize performance.
Enjoy the weekend, folks!