The YUI Event Utility supports DOM events and Custom Events.
- Simple DOM Events: Use the Event Utility to attach simple DOM event handlers.
- Using 'available', 'contentready', and 'domready': Event Utility gives you control over when you execute your scripts. In addition to the window's
loadevent, Event Utility lets you know when an element is available, when its children are available, and when the page's full DOM is available.
- Using Custom Events: Use the Event Utility to create Custom Events that are bubbleable, preventable, cancelable and much more.
- Skinning via Progressive Enhancement using the Event Utility and the Loader: Using Progressive Enhancement to skin checkboxes with the help of the Loader and the Event Utility's "focus" and "blur" events and the "delegate" method.
- Creating an Arrow Event for DOM Subscription: Using the synthetic event API to create a DOM event that fires in response to arrow keys being pressed.
- Supporting A Swipe Left Gesture: Supporting cross-device swipe gestures, using the event-move gesture events
Examples That Make Use of Event
- Compose Classes of Objects with
augment(included with examples for the The YUI Global Object)
- Accessible Menu Button (included with examples for the Focus Manager Node Plugin)
- Accessible TabView (included with examples for the Focus Manager Node Plugin)
- Attribute Change Events (included with examples for the Attribute)
- Attribute Event Based Speed Dating (included with examples for the Attribute)
- Attribute Getters, Setters and Validators (included with examples for the Attribute)
- Extending the Base Widget Class (included with examples for the Widget)
- Photo Browser (included with examples for the Drag & Drop)