YUI Theater - Jenny Donnelly: "Hacking With YUI"
Jenny Donnelly is the author of YUI's DataSource, AutoComplete and DataTable components and the lead editor of YUIBlog. In this session, "Hacking with YUI," Jenny provides an overview of the library and some strategies for leveraging its power in a rapid prototyping environment.
Jenny identifies four key problems that YUI helps to solve:
- Bringing data into the page dynamically;
- Providing widgets that help build out the UI;
- Providing widgets that allow the user to interact with information;
- Providing mechanisms for making data user-editable.
Our thanks to Eric Wu for organizing the Hack Day sessions and for allowing the YUI Theater crew to shoot Jenny's talk.
In Case You Missed...
Some other recent videos from the YUI Theater series:
- Nate Koechley: "Professional Frontend Engineering" (Yahoo! Video | .m4v download)
- John Resig: "The DOM Is a Mess" (Yahoo! Video | .m4v download)
- Nicole Sullivan: "Design Fast Websites (Don't Blame the Rounded Corners" (Yahoo! Video | .m4v download)
- Todd Kloots: “Developing Accessible Widgets Using ARIA” (Yahoo! Video | .m4v download)