YUI Theater — Todd Kloots: "Building Accessible Widgets with YUI 3"
We wrap up YUI Theater coverage of YUICONF 2009 with a talk from Todd Kloots (@toddkloots) on the accessibility features of YUI 3: "Building Accessible Widgets with YUI 3." Todd covers YUI's support for keyboard handling, focus styling and management, ARIA roles and states, and much more. (Don't miss Todd's other YUICONF talk, "YUI 3 Sugar," which is a great primer on other hidden gems in the library.)
If the video embed below doesn't show up correctly in your RSS reader of choice, be sure to click through to watch the high-resolution version of the video on YUI Theater; the downloadable version is much smaller, optimized as it is for iPods, iPhones, and other handheld devices.
The Full Roster of YUICONF 2009 Videos on YUI Theater:
- Luke Smith: Events Evolved — YUI engineer Luke Smith provides a deep introduction to the YUI 3 event system including its support for DOM events, event delegation, synthetic events, and custom events.
- Todd Kloots: YUI 3 Sugar — YUI engineer Todd Kloots presents an indispensable introduction to YUI 3's powerful suite of tools.
- Isaac Schlueter: Solving Problems with YUI 3 — YUI engineer Isaac Schlueter works through a real-world use case of building YUI 3's forthcoming AutoComplete widget.
- Dav Glass: Contributing to YUI — YUI engineer Dav Glass introduces you to the YUI Gallery and steps through the process of making contributions to the YUI project.
- Allen Rabinovich: YUI 3 Infographics — YUI engineer Allen Rabinovich discusses the YUI 3 Charts implementation, currently under development.
- Reid Burke: Building YAP Applications with YUI — YUI engineer Reid Burke discusses the Yahoo! Application Platform and how you can use it, along with YUI, to reach Yahoo!'s vast audience.
- Matt Sweeney: YUI 3 Performance — YUI architect Matt Sweeney reviews principles of high-performance web development and looks at how best to implement those principles in YUI 3-based projects.
- Satyen Desai: A Widget Walkthrough — YUI engineer Satyen Desai provides a detailed tour of the YUI 3 widget subsystem.
- Todd Kloots: Building Accessible Widgets with YUI 3 — YUI engineer Todd Kloots demonstrates the accessibility toolkit built into YUI 3.
- Eric Ferraiuolo: Web App Development with YUI 3 — Eric Ferraiuolo of Oddnut Software talks about the nuances of deploying real-world web applications using YUI 3.
- Stephen Woods: Creating Beautiful Documentation with YUI Doc — Yahoo! frontend engineer Stephen Woods provides a guided tour to YUI's documentation engine, YUI Doc. YUI Doc is language-agnostic and can be used to document a variety of project styles.
- Matt Snider: Introducing the YUI 2.8.0 Storage Utility — Matt Snider, the lead frontend engineer for Mint.com (recently acquired by Intuit), contributed the YUI Storage Utility in the 2.8.0 release. In this session, he provides an overview of the Storage Utility's features and the nuances of the various storage backends.
- Luke Smith: Debugging in YUI 3 — YUI engineer Luke Smith discusses the fine art of debugging web applications, looking at general tools and techniques and providing a few specific hints about debugging in YUI 3.